It's simple. We're fighting breast cancer in El Paso
- Funding programs that support those in the fight to save lives
- Educating El Pasoans about breast cancer risk factors, the importance of early detection and the resources that are available to them
Komen El Paso serves thousands of El Pasoans as the local source for funding programs that:
- provide low-cost or free screening mammograms, diagnostic testing and breast cancer treatment to uninsured or underinsured El Paso residents
- provide support services before, during and after breast cancer treatment
We empower El Paso residents with information about the importance of early detection and breast health.
We donate 75 percent of net funds raised to vital local breast health services, and dedicate the remaining 25 percent to national research to find the cures.
Since 1992, Komen El Paso has invested more than $4.1 million into El Paso via its annual community grants program to fund breast health programs and services for medically-under served El Paso residents.
Komen El Paso
is part of the big picture to eradicate breast cancer. But we're also focused on the local needs of our community. We are dedicated to educating El Pasoans about breast cancer and the resources available along with funding life-saving screening and treatment programs for those currently battling this disease. Between 2007 and 2012, Komen El Paso
- 5,555 mammograms
- 2,674 clinical breast exams
- 1,756 wigs to breast cancer patients
- 3,092 rides to breast-cancer related medical treatments and appointments
- 779 patients with breast cancer surgery and treatment assistance
Join Komen El Paso
in the fight to beat breast cancer. You can donate your time or resources, host a fundraiser or speak about this disease across El Paso
. You can know your normal and encourage those around you to know theirs. You can be a listening ear and strong shoulder to family and friends who are in the battle. And you can be an inspiration and tell your story as a survivor. There is a place for you in this fight. Your dollar might be the one that ultimately finds one of the cures. Your presentation might encourage a listener to get a mammogram and find her cancer at an earlier stage. Contact us today
. We're here to partner with you.
We're always only a click or a call away. However you reach us, we are always happy to help you.