Susan G. Komen®, the world’s largest breast cancer organization, awarded more than $100 million in research grants last year, representing the largest single-year investment in research in the organization’s 27-year history and a 30 percent increase over the previous year’s award total of $77 million. The 2013-2014 grant slate moves Susan G. Komen closer to accomplishing its goal of investing another $2 billion in breast cancer research and community health programs by 2017.
Any not-for-profit organization that provides breast health and/or breast cancer education, screening, or treatment services may apply for a grant.
To learn more about GeMS and applying for a Community Based Grant, please contact Stephanie Flora at firstname.lastname@example.org or 915.533.4433.
Grant Writing Workshops
Learn more about the Komen El Paso grant application process at one of our free workshops! Registration is required due to space limitations; attendance for applicants is not mandatory but strongly encouraged. Each year, Komen El Paso accepts applications to fund education, screening, treatment, and support services related to breast cancer. Review the full Request for Application.
Grant Writing Workshop Dates
- Check back for fall workshop dates for the 2014-2015 grant cycle
- Updates in the application process and online grant system (GeMS)
- Different types of grants available and the best fit for their organization
- The components of the grant application, including the problem statement, goals, objectives, evaluation, budget and work plan
- The submission and review process
- The history of Komen El Paso and the Community Profile Report
Please RSVP to Stephanie Flora, email@example.com, 915.533.4433